Early & Absentee Voting
Early & Absentee Voter Information
Residents of Clay County will be able to vote in person early at the Clay County Board of Elections.
Clay County Board of Elections Office
75 Riverside Circle, Suite 3
Hayesville, NC 28904
October 20 – November 1, 2022
Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
If you are planning to register at a One-Stop Early Voting Site, please bring one of the following to verify your residency in Clay County:
- North Carolina driver’s license;
- Other photo identification issued by a government agency;
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document showing the voter ‘s name and address; OR
- A current college/university photo identification card paired with a current roster prepared by the college/university and transmitted to the county board of elections office, which lists all students residing in campus housing facilities.
Any government-issued photo identification card is acceptable, so long as the card bears the registrant’s current name and current address. Such cards may be expired, but the name and address must be current.
Vote by Mail (i.e. Absentee Voting)
Follow these 5 steps for absentee voting
- Fill Out The State Absentee Ballot Request Form As Soon As Possible
- Return The State Absentee Ballot Request Form by Mail, Fax (828-389-3757), Email (email@example.com) or Returning it to Clay County Board of Elections office, 75 Riverside Circle, Suite 3, Hayesville, NC 28904
- Receive and fill out your Absentee Ballot.
- Return by mail or return to Clay County Board of Elections
- Check if your ballot was accepted is on the North Carolina Board of Elections website.
Learn detailed information at the Clay County Board of Elections Absentee Voting Page. Request a ballot at the NC State Board of Elections ballot portal.